This weekend I reworked on my .vimrc and put some extra time in make things work
better for me in python and django coding :). I did a nice job and now I can
code with much more goodies.
- A very commented and customized .vimrc.
- Support for python omnicompletion.
- Adding django and python paths automatically to vim.
- Setting DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE automatically to vim, so you can complete your own code.
- SnipMate support for django and django templates.
- Django templates with support for highlighting in tags and use of ‘%’ with matchit.
- Nice python folding and jumping.
- A custom gui dark/grey theme called wombat.
- A session manager to easily save session and load all when you back.
Here is files to download:
- vim-confs-latest.tbz2: The bziped tar with all files, unpack in your home.
- vim-confs-latest.tbz2.md5: The md5 checksum for file.
If you prefer, here is url of github: http://github.com/chronossc/my-vim-confs
This pack can’t be created with some plugins and docs, here is reference:
- UsingVimWithDjango from Django Wiki
- SnipMate vim plugin by Michael Sanders
- SnipMate snippets for django by Rob Hudson (Demo)
- Matchit vim plugin by Benji Fisher
- Updated Syntax highlighting for Django templates by Dave Hodder
- py_jump vim plugin by Sergiy Matusevych
- python fold vim plugin by Jorrit Wiersma
- Session Manager for vim by Yuri Klubakov
Additionally (thx Handrus), I suggest for who write much HTML the SparkUp vim and textmate plugin ;). I not tested, yet, but sounds nice.
Thanks for you that read it, thank you for all that wrote all nice plugins,
thanks very much to freenode #vim channel and awesome vim doc! Now let’s code
with vim 😉
2010-03-07: I repacked files because I removed some debug messages, so for who already downloaded, download again 😉
2010-03-08: I repacked again and added to github with some fixes.